About

August 11, 2010

"Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart." "CAPTCHA"

Do you ever feel this way, too? For example, when signing up for a new email or something - I CONSTANTLY struggle with being able to read captchas.

Captchas are jumbled words and numbers/symbols used to "detect" if we're an ACTUAL person signing up for a service, rather than an automated computer "robot" (this is how I understand it, anyway).



But usually, when I have to type them in - they're either TOO jumbled, too close together, or too distorted for me to even read. It usually takes at least 3 tries with most captchas to actually get them right.

So - I am a human being, but can't read half of the captchas I get! What's up with that?

Does anyone else feel the same way - or am I crazy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment