About

June 3, 2010

The Twilight books

Are the Twilight books ACTUALLY worth reading? I'm sure you're thrilled. LOL. But this one isn't coming from an obsessive fan; it's coming from someone looking in from the outside and wondering whether or not it's worthwhile to actually read the rest of the series. I read the first one a few years back..And while I thought the "love story" aspect of it (which seems to be the MAIN aspect if you ask me), was cute, but I was totally bored by how .. lovey-dovey and dramatic it was. I had gone into reading them because I figured there would be a lot of suspense and thrill, which most supernatural teen books have plenty of, and I felt like I was reading a Danielle Steel novel (with a slight twist, of course). I felt honestly disappointed, and that's the main reason I haven't gone back to reading the rest of the series.



Does anyone else share my opinion on this? Were you PLEASANTLY or UNPLEASANTLY surprised with how the books turned out?

And for those of you who've read these books already, tell me: can I expect more adventure in the 2nd and 3rd book? Or are the other books a continuum of what I noticed before: a slightly boring, love-centered "romance" book (with an edge)?

What should I come to expect? Is it worth reading the rest of the series, do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment