About

March 5, 2010

The big Turkey Day has come and gone.

It was very quiet and relaxed here. I baked Bill and I a turkey, made stuffing, mashed potatoes and cooked some corn. Bobby was at work all day as he always is. Michael was with Terry and all the kids, as it should be. I was not feeling up to a crowd of people having just buried my mother in law.

No Black Friday shopping either!! I may be crazy, but I am not that crazy. Getting up at 3 or 4 AM or earlier is just plain nuts. I have better things to do at that time of day, mainly sleep!!!

While we were in Missouri we stopped in for a surprise visit to my old friends Jack and Donna. We had a nice short visit which was so nice. We spent the night with another old friend, Mike Hill and his wife, Saundra. They have a beautiful home that Mike built, nestled in 90 acres of woods with a lane 3/4 of a mile long!! Rest assured, no one will be making a wrong turn on that lane. He also built a huge pond that he fishes out of. In the garage he has a 1954 Blue Chevy Truck that he has completely restored. Oh Baby Oh Baby!! Mike also does some deer hunting and had a couple legs in the front yard that the kitties were busy chewing on. They sure seemed happy.

It is now Saturday. We did a bit of shopping, and now we are home. Monday we need to begin calling about getting the roof on the dining area repaired and then the ceiling repaired on the inside. Thank heaven for insurance!! Enough of my rambles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment