About

May 3, 2010

It’s not always easy to drink water everyday.

I have passed in and out of “phases” where I drink a little or none at all for days or weeks and then I have it daily. I had a kidney stone, that pretty much took away the option NOT to drink enough every day.

BUT I STILL HAD PERIODS WHERE I JUST DIDN’T WANT WATER!!!

Finally I remembered something I was told a LONG time ago.

CHEW YOUR WATER

Seriously, I started chewing it like gum. Keeping it in my mouth longer.

This was awesome, for one I forgot how much I was drinking and like GUM, I kept wanting to keep some in my mouth so I could keep chewing.

It crazy sounding but honestly, I have learned a few cool things about Chewing rather than drinking Water

First:
- Keeping it in your mouth longer keeps it near your brain. This is a good thing, because water doesn’t digest like food. It doesn’t have to go through your stomach to hydrate your body. Ever heard of Osmosis? There’s a lot of Reverse Osmosis in filters etc. which means to opposite of osmosis, but Osmosis is how water moves through the body (digests).

Since we are made mostly of water, when a cell has too little water(dehydrated), the instant water touches it it absorbs the water directly. That’s osmosis.

You know how your hands get all “Pruney” wrinkly after swimming or a bath? That’s when our cells get too much water and they literally POP and collapse, cool and gross huh?

Anyway, another good thing about chewing water is if you have a stuffy nose or allergies, the water will immediately move past the cells in your mouth into the Sinuses and nose, and immediately you will be able to blow your nose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment